- This event has passed.
Toolkit for Recovery – Online | 9:00am PDT
September 23, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
This is not a webinar. This is not a conversation. This is not a support group. The Toolkit for Recovery is a 3-part, shame-free space to better understand your triggers and response patterns, so you can live with more ease and compassion for yourself and others.
The Resilience Toolkit for Recovery is for anyone who:
- Has questions or concerns about their use of alcohol, drugs, food, sex, shopping, technology, or other substances and behaviors.
- Experiences cravings or obsessions that feel overwhelming or irresistible.
- Plays recovery whack-a-mole – once one area seems under control, another compulsion pops up.
- Is able to abstain from a substance or behavior for a period of time, then relapses returns.
- Suspects there are aspects of their recovery that aren’t being addressed in traditional recovery programs.
- Is active in recovery, but seeks a deeper level of peace and serenity in their program of choice.
Highly recommended for anyone who binges on their phones, food, online shopping, sex, booze, pills, Netflix, and the like. The Resilience Toolkit offers an entirely new framework for personal healing and can be used independently or complementary to any existing program of recovery.
Are you ready to dig deep, gain clarity, and work moment-by-moment to shape how you relate to the states of stress and trauma experienced in your body? Learn how to navigate the ups and downs of life without having to check out or shut down.
In this training you will:
- Discover how current and historical stress fuels your addiction and/or compulsive behaviors.
- Develop an embodied awareness of your personal stress and relaxation responses.
- Gain evidence-informed strategies to replace comfort-seeking behaviors with simple tools that regulate the nervous system.
- Begin a regular practice of The Resilience Toolkit to build internal resources and external resilience over time.
There is no abstinence requirement to attend this workshop.
3 Thursdays: September 23rd, September 30th, October 7th | 9:00AM – 11:00AM (PDT)
Upon completion of this 3-part series, you may opt to continue your Resilience Toolkit journey by joining an ongoing practice group. This subscription-based offering gives you support and accountability with four facilitated small group practice sessions per month for a low monthly fee.
Workshop events will be conducted online via Zoom. Meeting details will be emailed 48 hours prior to the start of the first session. You will need a computer or mobile device, reliable internet connection, and a private space in which to attend meetings.
This workshop is limited to 8 participants.
Facilitator: Arrowyn Ambrose is a Certified Facilitator of The Resilience Toolkit, Certified Council Trainer, Certified Teaching Artist, and Certified Racial Equity and Healing Justice Facilitator. Arrowyn combines her love of story with restorative practices and bodywork to help individuals and organizations build dynamic, unifying ways of being together through deep listening. She insists on infusing connection, compassion, and courage into all her work. Read more…
* Cancellation Policy: Registration fee is refundable ONLY with at least 48 hours notice. Cancellations with less than 48-hour notice may be applied to the registration fee for the next The Resilience Toolkit for Recovery
** Payment plans available. Pay for half of your registration up front and the 2nd half up to a week before the start of the class, by selecting the “Payment Plan – 1st Installment” ticket option.
*** If paying for this class would be a financial hardship, please select the “Scholarship” ticket option. Scholarships are available on a first come, first served basis. One scholarship per person, for either The Resilience Toolkit for Recovery or Intro to The Resilience Toolkit. Scholarships are not offered for repeat attendance or if previous sessions were incomplete.