Embody your values
Live your mission
Realize your vision
Transformative approaches that foster equity, nurture connection, and inspire innovation.
Community-engaged Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Antiracism strategic planning for the second largest safety net healthcare system in the U.S.
Embodied Trauma-Informed and Resilience-Oriented capacity building and organizational development for a nonprofit empowering California parole applicants with legal and mental health support, advocacy, and peer-led programming.
Building resilience for multifaith hospital chaplains navigating grief and loss during the early months of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our bespoke, expansive solutions help clients build systems that grow capacity and nurture connection. Using a values-based approach, we co-create a more just and equitable world where everyone can thrive.
- We consider process and outcome crucial for achieving sustainable results.
- We address individuals’ physical, mental, and emotional well-being, as well as the culture and systems in which they operate.
- We take a structural, systemic, and relational approach to addressing problems, recognizing that all three areas must be worked on simultaneously.
- We co-create inclusive and equitable spaces for all, centering the voices and experiences of those historically and currently marginalized.
- We challenge the status quo and support our clients in creating systemic changes that promote justice and liberation.
- We emphasize the importance of building strong, positive relationships between team members and between staff and leadership.
- We recognize that many organizational problems are rooted in relational issues exacerbated by undernourishing, taxing, and punitive systems.
- We hold that people build structures and systems and that if these structures and systems do not center safety and equity, they will influence the organization’s overall culture.
- We emphasize the importance of creating a sense of security for individuals to fully engage in the organization’s work.
- We recognize that psychological safety is a lived experience held in the body and cannot be created by policies alone.
- We utilize mind-body practices to help individuals engage with their physical experience, increasing awareness of their body’s responses and influence on their well-being and work.
- We work with clients to create spaces that support well-being and wellness.
- We prioritize real, measurable outcomes over the optics of diversity and wellness.
- We assess clients’ specific needs and strengths to create context-responsive solutions.
- We track progress and adjust strategies to achieve sustainable and transformative change.
“The Resilience Toolkit is the only programme we feel as an organisation we can wholeheartedly advocate for when we are asked by peers in the field of health, medicine and or social change on trauma or resilience training. We have yet to find another programme with the deep rigour, accessibility and cohesiveness that this programme offers. Each of the trainers are deeply embedded in the work and the richness is overflowing.”Farzana KahnExecutive Co-Director, Healing Justice London
“In LA County we are witnessing an alarming number of releases in reentry. The people are not numbers. They are human beings who have served their mandated sentences and have no where to go. Skid Row DTLA has already reported [COVID-19] cases in the most marginalized community. I look to the Lumos team for ways to cope. This training is to help essential workers and peers, grassroots organizations, and anyone who is being affected by this pandemic. Thank you, Lumos. This is life-changing.”Sarah WilshinskyCo-chair, IBH committee at The Los Angeles Regional Reentry Partnership
“I strongly recommend Lumos Transforms to any organization or community in search of support. Lumos Transforms is dynamic, thoughtful, evidence-based, and collaborative. The entire team lives the mission of the organization to create a lasting impact on those they work with.”Alison BravoFounder and former Director, Empower Generations
“The Resilience Toolkit empowered my team to draw from many options to appropriately, quickly and easily address what they need to recover from stress. Nkem is a powerful leader, teacher and healer who has put together something vital and important. I am excited to see her work touch more people. I highly recommend the Resilience Toolkit if you're a human being.”Alissa GaugerPresident, Unleash Your Practice
Prepare for change initiatives by supporting team members with trauma-informed, resilience-oriented frameworks that reduce stress and increase wellbeing.
Improve team dynamics and communication through initiatives that increase empathy and connection.
Facilitate transformative learning experiences with bespoke educational programs, training, and mentoring.
Challenge the status quo with change initiatives that promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Create an ecology of healthy interdependence through education, policy development, capacity building, and culture change.
Address systemic inequity and oppression with approaches that examine power
Develop leaders who are values-centered, mission-driven, and burnout-resistant.
Inspire and empower leaders to help their teams to achieve their full potential and create meaningful change.
Provide thought partnership and guidance to help leaders engage challenges, build sustainable work balance, and access creative inspiration.
Prioritize employee wellbeing, engagement, and growth with programs that reduce stress, foster resilience and facilitate positive change.
Resolve conflicts and repair harm with relational approaches that promote accountability and healing.
Respond to critical incidents through an embodied trauma-informed and resilience-oriented lens.