Speaking & Community Engagement
Public Speaking & Subject Matter Expertise
- Experienced keynote speakers, featured presenters, and panelists to enliven your professional conference or community event.
- Engaging, insightful voices for your press, film, TV, radio, or web productions.
- Knowledgeable experts for content consultation on your project or initiative.
Mikaela Johnson Vaal
Nkem Ndefo is the founder of Lumos Transforms and creator of The Resilience Toolkit. She is a skilled practitioner, dynamic speaker, and valued strategist. She is known for her unique ability to connect with people of all types by holding powerful healing spaces, weaving complex concepts into accessible narratives, and creating synergistic and collaborative learning communities that nourish people’s innate capacity for healing, wellness, and connection.
Arrowyn Ambrose is a Certified Facilitator of The Resilience Toolkit, Certified Council Trainer, Certified Teaching Artist, and Certified Race Equity and Healing Justice Facilitator. She has studied Viola Spolion’s long-form organic improvisation and creative writing. With a background in the creative and performing arts, Arrowyn believes in the healing power of story and is passionate about ethical storytelling.
Desiree F. Magsombol
Desiree F. Magsombol JD, (she/her) is a Certified Facilitator of The Resilience Toolkit, a TRE (Tension/Trauma Release Exercise) Provider, and a Field-Initiated Training and Technical Assistance Provider for the National Prison Rape Elimination Act(PREA) Resource Center with Impact Justice. Working with, living in, and being a part of communities with high levels of stress and trauma and limited access to mainstream tools, Desiree is committed making multi-modality tools of resilience accessible to all individuals, organizations, and communities.
Skillful strategists and community engagement specialists to partner with you to build resilience and facilitate positive change in your community.
- Conflict mediation
- Council circles
- Critical incident support for processing, holding space
- Developing peer-support frameworks and programs
- Resource for campaigns or organizing push
- Support for peer mentors
- Trauma-informed training for community leaders
- Wellness classes, workshops, speakers, booths, tabling for community events