Your students are distracted or disruptive, and not meeting their potential. Your clients lack motivation and follow through, or simply can’t break through plateaus. You feel like you’re just chasing your patients’ problems around a tree, more a game of whack-a-mole than true healing.
Regardless of your profession, working with people who are stuck in cycles of stress and trauma is frustrating. Stress and trauma create so much of the dysfunction, distress, and disease that block human healing, growth, and success. Yet with effective tools that unwind stress and build resilience, you successfully navigate challenges, feeling competent and content in your professional abilities.
There are many stress reduction modalities. So what’s unique about The Resilience Toolkit?
- Utilizes a carefully selected suite of mindfulness and movement practices applied based on stress cycle activation
- Activates the human body’s physiologic mechanism to complete the stress and trauma cycle – the therapeutic tremor
- Easily learned, reproduced, and practiced with immediate results being the norm
- Successful in both stress management and trauma healing contexts
- Designed to be used in individual therapeutic environments, group settings, or as a self-help modality
- Smoothly integrates with other traditional mental health and/or physical treatment modalities to support health and healing for those with more severe emotional and/or physical dysfunction or disease
- Can be used across the lifespan from school age to geriatric populations
- Openly addresses social ecological risk and protective factors
- Links the development of individual resilience with increased capacity to work for positive change on the community and structural levels
- Inherently cross-culturally adaptive due to the biologic nature of the therapeutic tremor
- Minimal contraindications
The Resilience Toolkit Facilitator Certification program is a rich experiential process that gives you the tools to take The Toolkit into the world. In a blended online and in-person format, the cohort-based program consists of recorded and live lectures, small group mentoring and discussion, peer and independent practice sessions, suggested reading and reflective writing, supervised teaching, and case consultation. Interactive and cooperative learning foster responsibility, self-awareness, and mastery.
- Admission requirements: The Resilience Toolkit Facilitator Certification Program is open to anyone interested in working with stressed and traumatized people. Prerequisite: Attendance in The Resilience Toolkit 3-part series OR 3 individual Toolkit sessions, AND completion of The Resilience Toolkit Workbook
- Program Length: 16 weeks
- Average Time Commitment: 6 hours weekly, PLUS two-day weekend workshop
- Technology Requirements: Computer with webcam, stable internet, basic facility with Google documents
- Professional Requirements: Professional liability insurance during clinical portion of the program
- Program Requirements:
- In-person 2-day weekend workshop during week 6
- Online pre-recorded lectures
- Individual mentoring sessions (online or in-person)
- Two session facilitating Toolkit w/ individuals
- Two sessions facilitating Toolkit w/ small groups
- Eight virtual small group meetings with mentor every other week
- Thirteen weekly virtual peer group practice sessions
- Thirteen weekly written journal reflections on personal practice
- Independent and peer-based writing and presentations
- Selected articles and media
- Case study
*The Certification Trainer may add extra sessions or assignments at her discretion.
- Embodied self-awareness
- Stress and resilience from multiple lenses:
- Ecology and ethology
- Evolutionary neurobiology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Biopsychosocial and social ecology
- Sex and gender
- Race, culture, and history
- Instruction and facilitation of Toolkit mindfulness and movement practices with individuals and groups
- Trauma-informed facilitation principles
- Ethics and professionalism
- Behavior change theory
- Lessons from Motivational Interviewing
- Habit formation
Program Costs and Payment
- Total $3,350 USD
- Payment plan –
- $980 USD deposit due on registration
- $790 USD per month for three months
- CEU certificate cost is $30 USD for weekend workshop (optional)
- Certification fees are payable by credit card or check.
* Cancellation Policy: Registration fee is fully refundable prior to beginning program ONLY with at least 10 day written notice, minus a $100 USD administration fee.
* Withdrawal Policy: Participants who cancel with less than 10-day notice or withdraw early from the program will receive a prorated refund based on the number of weeks remaining at the point of withdrawal at $197 USD per week, minus an early withdrawal fee of 10% of the remaining balance.
* Program Extension Policy: Participants who do not complete the program in 17 weeks, will incur a $200 USD monthly charge until program completion or withdrawal, whichever comes first. The monthly charge will not be prorated. If the Certification Trainer determines that extra supervisions are needed for the trainee to meet basic competency, the extra supervisions will be billed at $175/hour.
Professional Continuing Education Credits
- Participants eligible for 6.5 Continuing Education Units per in-person workshop day from the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP15871, for total of 13 Contact Hours
The Resilience Toolkit Facilitator Certificate
The Resilience Toolkit Facilitator Certificate is good for life. All certificants will be listed on The Resilience Toolkit website under the Basic Certification category in the Facilitator listing guide.
Maintenance of Active Certificate Status
Completion of a minimum of four supervision hours or approved continuing education per calendar year will grant Active Certification status and listing on the The Resilience Toolkit website under the Active Certification category in the Facilitator listing guide. Supervision hours provided by The Resilience Toolkit Facilitator Certification Trainers in individual or group format are acceptable.
Nkem is an engaging and natural facilitator, with a wide spectrum of knowledge and experience. I’m grateful to have trained with her.
Nkem is a super mentor. Simultaneously, she was able to enlighten, encourage, instruct, inspire, and support me in my journey to become more capable as a TRE practitioner. In my experience, the quality of Nkem's counsel is rare indeed and I feel so fortunate to learn from and work with her.
Nkem Ndefo is truly remarkable and, in my eyes, one of the smartest women on the planet. Nkem holds a safe container and really understands how our bodies work. Once you experience working with Nkem, your life will never be the same. Thank you, Nkem, for helping me feel safe in my body and for giving me a life of emotional balance. I am forever grateful.
Nkem is truly passionate about her work in the world, and she gives 110% of herself to her trainees. I have sought out her guidance numerous times regarding course content, research, and professional development, and her feedback has been extremely valuable. I would highly recommend her to any TRE Provider looking to develop their clinical skills or other professional competencies.
Nkem is an amazing woman. She is so present, professional, articulate, competent, empathetic, and self-actualized that one can only learn from her! Every moment that I spent with her I was in awe. She is a rare and precious gem and an amazing gift to the TRE community and to all who know her. I know that I am a better TRE Facilitator thanks to being able to work with her.